SISU Kids' Vitamin D 400 UI - 90 tablets
Vitamin D deficiency is on the rise in North American children. The statistics show that as much as 70% of children are not getting enough vitamin D. Contributing factors include the decreased time children play outside (because vitamin D is produced naturally when our skin is exposed to strong sunlight), the use of sunblock creams, and the decreased consumption of milk and other fortified foods. Other risk factors include darker skin, kidney disease, and following a low protein diet. Inadequate vitamin D levels may contribute to a number of serious health conditions including asthma, allergies, diabetes, poor development of bones and teeth, and even some cancers and cardiovascular disease later in life. Many pediatricians recommend vitamin D supplementation for all breastfed infants and older children at risk for deficiency.Medicinal ingredient in each tablet:Vitamin D (Vitamin D3)...10 mcg
equivalent to 400 IU of vitamin D (cholecalciferol) activity
Non-medicinal ingredients:isomalt, croscarmellose sodium, microcrystalline cellulose, magnesium stearate (vegetable), calcium silicate.
Contains no dairy, wheat or peanuts..
Dosage: Infants & Children (ages 0-3 years):Take 1 tablet daily, to be dissolved in formula or any other liquid, or as directed by a health care practitioner.
Children 3-8 years:Take 1 tablet daily or as directed by a health care practitioner. Tablets can be dissolved in the mouth or in any liquid.
- One tablet provides 400 IU of vitamin D, which is the minimum amount recommended by most pediatricians for all infants and older children
- Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol) derived from lanolin from sheep’s wool
- Vitamin D is essential to calcium absorption and helps support bone density and reduce fractures
- Adequate vitamin D levels are important for daily health and also help prevent various chronic health conditions
- Tiny, fast-dissolving tablets that can be chewed, swallowed whole, dissolved in the mouth or in any liquid
- Contains no ingredients that are a source of gluten
- Tested for guaranteed purity and potency
- Good Manufacturing Practices standards
- NPN approved